As part of our 'almost homemade series for Kitchen Conquerors. Just 3 ingredients!
The most common of our jam flavors for this recipe are balsamic and onion, apricot jalapeno and lemon ginger, of which compliments the mild taste of the puff pastry since citrus and onion have a sweet taste with a touch of acidic flavor. Delicate and rich with flavor, this dish is something you should try in the comfort of your kitchen. A winner both in taste and texture, you have no reason to say no to making this dish!
The flavor of your creation ultimately depends on the jam you will be choosing to use, which makes the recipe flexible as you can definitely use any flavor of jam to your liking.
- 1 box (14.1 oz) refrigerated puff pastry
- 1 jar of jam (your choice)
- 2 oz (from 8-oz package) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbs butter melted (optional for brushing crust)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the sheets into even squares, and then score a smaller square in the middle.
- In that smaller square, add 1 teaspoon of cream cheese
- Add 1 teaspoon of jam on top of cream cheese (or however much you need)
- Transfer the jam tarts onto a tray that is lined with parchment paper or baking mat.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes (or until golden brown and risen).